The Artesian Growing System is a gravity-fed wicking system which supplies water to the base of a container from where it is wicked up to the plant. At the heart of the system is our Artesian Water Control Valve. This special float valve won’t release water until the water from its previous release has been taken up by the plant. In this way the plant is always assured of fresh oxygen-rich water based upon its needs.
The Artesian Growing System can be used indoors, or outdoors on patios, decks, or balconies. The Artesian Grow Kits include a plant support frame, a reservoir, plant platforms, pre-cut tubing and wicking materials, plant pots, and all necessary fittings and connections.
The many advantages to this type of a system include:
• No power or spigot required so no water lines running across patios or balconies.
• You’re not confined to one size or style of pot or pot spacing. Like hand-watering the Artesian System will irrigate a large variety of commercially available pots uniformly. For instance, standard nursery pots, fabric pots, trays for microgreens, ceramic pots, as well as established plants or new seedlings, can all be placed on the same system with no need for the grower to adjust the flow of water to the various containers.
• The use of smaller containers is possible since there is much less of a need to store water in the plant container.
• There is no open water, so no mosquito breeding grounds.
• There is no over-saturated soil, so there is no root rot and no drainage of water and soil through the bottom of the pot to attract bugs and slugs.
• The system is off the ground, so it’s easy to clean the area under the system with a hose, blower, or vacuum.
• The system can be set up to grow conventionally or hydroponically depending upon the grow media (soil).
• There are significant water savings due to minimal losses from evaporation or drainage.
• Multiple extensions can be added.
• It’s a quality, attractive looking system which will enhance your balcony, deck, or patio.